Back to the list of questions

Can I transfer the money accumulated in an RESP to a second child?

When we opened a UNIVERSITAS group RESP for our eldest, we were told that if he didn’t pursue post-secondary education, we could transfer the money to a younger sibling. Is this still possible?


Under both our group plans (REFLEX and UNIVERSITAS), a beneficiary can be replaced by a new beneficiary younger than 21 years old.

Please note that certain conditions apply with regard to the transfer of government grants in the case of beneficiary changes. If you have an INDIVIDUAL Plan, other terms and conditions could also apply.

For more information on this type of change, contact our Customer Service at 1 877-710-7377.