Back to the list of questions

I still have EAP funds left in my RESP after five years of full-time post-secondary education; how can I withdraw this money?


First off, congratulations on your determination and commitment to your education!

Under the Income Tax Act (Canada), if you provide a recent proof (issued in the last six months) of your enrolment in post-secondary education, you can retrieve the remaining educational assistance payments (EAPs) from your RESP.

To do so, the subscriber of your RESP can simply apply for your EAP via his or her Client Space.

For more information or to learn which documents constitute proof of enrolment, please call our Customer Service at 1 877 710-7377; an agent will gladly help you!