Back to the list of questions

Can I use my EAPs to pay for my courses at the Institut Brassicole du Québec?


Programs and institutions eligible for Educational Assistance Payments (EAPs) are those recognized under the Income Tax Act (Canada).

Unfortunately, professional certifications offered by organizations that are not recognized by the Income Tax Act (Canada) or Employment and Social Development Canada, such as the Institut Brassicole du Québec, are not eligible for EAPs.

However, please note that several recognized institutions in the province of Quebec offer training in brewery science. Here is Canada’s master list of eligible schools you can cross-reference with brewery programs:

Also note that EAPs can be withdrawn from an RESP up to 35 years following the year the plan was opened. If funds remain available in an RESP, a subscriber may withdraw these for the beneficiary until that cut-off date with proof of enrolment to eligible studies.

We wish you good luck in obtaining your certification!