Back to the list of questions

Do I have to make all the contributions to my plan before my son can start receiving money?


If your son is about to start post-secondary education and you haven’t finished contributing to your plan, we’ve got a solution!

The funds available as educational assistance payments (EAPs) will be proportional to the contributions you made to date. Your son will thus be able to withdraw these progressively until you finish making all the contributions to your plan.

You can also settle the remaining contributions to your plan and bring forward the maturity date so your son can access 100% of the EAP funds upon enrolment in a post-secondary program of study. All you have to do is call our Customer Service at 1 877 710-7377 to make the necessary arrangements.

We wish your son much success in his upcoming studies!