Back to the list of questions

Is an osteopathy training program eligible for an RESP?


Osteopathy training programs can qualify for receiving educational assistance payments (EAPs), under certain conditions!

Once a beneficiary has chosen the post-secondary education he or she wants to pursue, the next step is usually to determine where this education will be received. To get the government grants accumulated in the RESP, the beneficiary must make sure the program of study takes place in a post-secondary educational institution certified by the Government of Canada, as defined under the Income Tax Act

The program must also be of a minimum duration, which is based on two criteria: whether it is a full-time or part-time program, and if the program takes place in Canada or abroad. Full-time programs in Canada must comprise a minimum of 10 hours of instruction or work per week over at least three consecutive weeks. You can get more details about the different criteria in our prospectus, on the Government of Canada’s website or by contacting us at 1 877 710-7377.    

Whenever you’re ready to withdraw funds from your RESP, one of our customer service agents can help you determine the best withdrawal strategy for you.