Back to the list of questions

Is it possible to recover government grants from previous years?


Absolutely! If you haven’t contributed $2,500/year to your RESP to maximize your government grants, it’s possible to claim unused grant entitlements from previous years.

If you haven’t maximized since your beneficiary’s birth, it means you have unused grant room. In this situation, you can increase your contributions up to $5,000 per year to recover rights to unused grants from past years. This is why it can really pay off to catch up on government grants if your budget allows it.

The grant money you are entitled to is determined based on your adjusted family net income. Ask your scholarship plan representative for a personalized simulation. You can also contact our Customer Service for more information.


Legal Notes

* Our lawyers insist that we mention the identities marked with an asterisk are fictitious and only serve to present the most frequently asked questions. We understand your concerns well, so we took the lead. The answers, for their part, are all very real.